Backend Rust Developer (Voice Biometrics)
Verbio develops cutting-edge technology around the widest range of Human-Machine communications through natural language. By joining our teams, you will acquire broad knowledge on our Artificial Intelligence technology and products, which include Voice Biometrics, Speech Recognition, Text-to-Speech Conversion, Cognitive NLU, Conversational sensors, and Virtual Assistants and Chatbots.
The Technology Stack we use varies from Python (prototyping), Rust, VueJS, C++, and cutting-edge Machine Learning frameworks. We work with modern technologies such as Docker and GitlabCI, and also with several hardware accelerators such as NVIDIA and Intel FPGA.
We have offices in Barcelona, Madrid, São Paulo, Mexico DF, and Palo Alto and you will be part of a multinational team of Ph.D.’s & Engineers in NLP, Artificial intelligence and software development.
If you enjoy challenges and learning every day in a very innovative environment, this is your company!
You will join our Voice Biometrics team, coding in Rust to help us build great scalable solutions.
Our Voice Biometrics product is one of the most advanced security products in the industry, currently implemented in multiple customers to be able to verify the identity of the users through the voice.
The team has been focused on building algorithms that can recognize individuals when they pronounce specific sentences (text dependent).
Currently, we are improving and evolving our product so we are able to identify and verify individuals using dynamic sentences. We also want to focus on being able to do it with free speech (text independent).
Additionally, we take security very seriously so emphasize the use of anti-spoofing techniques and blacklists.
· Develop new webservice functionalities and migrate existing ones to REST.
· Help designing and implementing functional requirements.
· Implement software enhancements and suggest improvements.
· Provide tests for all pieces of work.
· Prepare technical documentation.
· Peer reviewing.
· Education: STEM degree (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics)
· At least 1-2 years of experience.
· Experience with compiled languages is desirable. Bonus points: Rust.
· Experience creating and consuming RESTful APIs.
· Relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL.
· Good understanding and experience with Git (or similar).
Key skills include: Rust, SQL, REST API, Relational databases, Docker, Git, TDD, Pair Programming, Clean code.
For this position you must hold a valid Spanish/EU Working Permit
Nice to have:
– Passion for automation
– RabbitMQ knowledge
– DevOps practices such as CI/CD, Docker…
Why should you work with us?
– You will become part of a young, dynamic and international team (8+ nationalities), with a lot of PhDs and expert engineers.
– Flexible Timetable
– Flexible compensation plan (Restaurant, transport & kindergarten tickets, health insurance)
– Our headquarters is located in the heart of Barcelona, which works great for our frequent fun and team-building outings
– Remote work available (occasionally during the first 6 months, and up to 2 days per week from 6 months onwards)
– We love and encourage challenges, so you will have infinite possibilities of learning and growth. If you’re up to it, sky is the limit!