Chief Technology Officer
Verbio develops cutting-edge technology around the widest range of Human-Machine communications through natural language. By joining our teams, you will acquire broad knowledge on our Artificial Intelligence technology and products, which include Voice Biometrics, Speech Recognition, Text-to-Speech Conversion, Cognitive NLU, Conversational sensors, and Virtual Assistants and Chatbots.
The Technology Stack we use varies from Python (prototyping), Rust, VueJS, C++, and cutting-edge Machine Learning frameworks. We work with modern technologies such as Docker and GitlabCI, and also with several hardware accelerators such as NVIDIA and Intel FPGA.
We have offices in Barcelona, Madrid, São Paulo, Mexico DF, and Palo Alto and you will be part of a multinational team of PhD’s & Engineers in NLP, Artificial intelligence and software development.
Verbio is a fast growing company in the industry of Human-Machine communication and as we are facing more complex and demanding projects we need a strong technical leader to organize and orchestrate innovative approaches in project implementation.
If you are a dynamic and proactive person who enjoys challenges and are used to creative problem resolution, Verbio would be a perfect environment for you. Joining us at this moment would offer vast possibilities for growth in the future!
As CTO, you will be constantly challenged with solving complex technical problems while mentoring the Engineers team and establishing standards on technological best practices. You will get to communicate and work closely with Verbio’s product teams and get to know our cutting edge Speech Recognition, Voice Biometrics, Speech Synthesis and Cognitive Brain technologies, thoroughly.
● Align the technical activities with our company’s strategy.
● Identify technology trends that may support or impede the success of the business, as well as opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services
● Provide full support to teams in the event of technical challenges
● Manage and coach our engineers to higher levels of excellence
● Ensure that there is a consistent criteria for hiring and retaining technical staff.
● Oversee any changes in system architecture.
● Define software development and quality assurance processes to ensure the product needs are met.
● Ensure system infrastructure is working efficiently and is used properly.
● Reduce the risk of technological breaches and protect sensitive digital information.
● Ensure that product evolution provides a smooth upgrade path for existing installations.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar qualification
● A minimum of 5 years proven experience in software development leadership positions within B2B medium sized companies.
● Experience designing, developing and maintaining software installed on customer facilities.
● Solid understanding of all aspects related to system engineering (networking, Linux operating systems, databases, security, etc.)
● Strong knowledge of programming best practices (including testing, CI…)
● Strong Project management skills
● Team player and leadership skills
● Results-oriented approach with a clear ability to think strategically
For this position you must hold a valid Spanish/EU Working Permit
Why should you work with us?
– You will become part of a young, dynamic and international team (8+ nationalities), with a lot of PhDs and expert engineers.
– Flexible Timetable
– Flexible compensation plan (Restaurant, transport & kindergarten tickets, health insurance)
– Our headquarters is located in the heart of Barcelona, which works great for our frequent fun and team-building outings
– Remote work available (occasionally during the first 6 months, and up to 2 days per week from 6 months onwards)
– We love and encourage challenges, so you will have infinite possibilities of learning and growth. If you’re up to it, the sky is the limit!