Computational Linguist/PM (dual role)
VERBIO is revolutionizing communications between people and computers, allowing people to communicate naturally with machines, using state-of-the-art technology in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
Our proprietary software innovates in Natural Language Processing (NLP), using Deep Learning and other Machine Learning methods. We develop solutions in areas such as:
– Voice Biometrics
– Speech Recognition
– Text-To-Speech Voices
– Speech & Text Analytics (Conversational sensors)
– Virtual Assistants and Chatbots
We have offices in Barcelona, Madrid, São Paulo, Mexico DF, and Palo Alto and you will be part of a multinational team of PhD’s & Engineers in NLP, Artificial Intelligence, and software development.
If you enjoy challenges and learning every day in a very innovative environment, this is your company!
We are currently hiring a Project Manager/Computational Linguist. The person will be part of a team of Computational Linguists, Transcribers, Engineers, Grammar and Dialog Design Experts and Product Development working to achieve the deployment of a Natural Language Voice Portals.
Working remotely in the customer-facing Projects Area, they will have a dual role, undertaking both Project Management and Computational Linguistics tasks. They will lead projects and represent Verbio to our US customers.
• Develop project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals
• Define project scope and schedule
• Agree with clients and internal teams the milestones and deliverables
• Create Project Plan with MS Project
• Manage the clients’ requirements and expectations responding with updated project plans
• Monitor project progress and proactively manage Engineers and Linguists assigned to project
• Communicate progress (status updates and reports) to customers and Verbio stakeholders
• Manage risks and issues; and provide solutions and mitigation actions
• Clearly and continuously communicate priorities and points of focus to team-members
• Analyze economics of project plans and provide actionable feedback relating to cost benefit and return-on-investment standards
• Control project budget
• Document lessons learned from past projects and help the team come up with improvements
• Be involved in new projects from their onset and communicate with customers to define requirements to be integrated into the associated linguistic modules (model training sets, grammar creation, etc.)
• Develop and/or improve grammars for the projects
• Train the language statistical models and the neural networks that belong to the Open Question solution core
• Be involved in the definition and execution of the validation tests of the deployed solution, as well as customize its settings
Skills and Experience [Mandatory]
• Computational Linguistics Education
• Linguistics including Semantics, Phonetics/Phonology, Corpus Linguistics
• Statistics and/or statistically trained systems
• 5 years’ experience in Projects working as Computational Linguist
• Traditional Waterfall and Agile Project Management Methodologies
• Managing complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Ability to obtain and fully understand the business needs of the customer
• Interacting with both business and IT profiles from the client side at all levels including the executive level.
• Coordination of people
• Working under pressure with multiple stakeholders and priorities, patience, emotional management, decision making
• Customer-focus: understanding of their needs and ability to project best image of Verbio at all times
• Strong analysis, planning, and organizational skills
• Team spirit, responsiveness and proactivity to solve problems and help other solve theirs
• Excellent clear and precise written and verbal communication
• Flexibility to changes in project and adaptability to adjust plan accordingly
• Native English speaker (preferably US English)
• Availability to be based in the USA (Eastern Time zone)
• Advanced skills in Office suite
• Linux/bash programming knowledge or willingness to learn
• Experience working as a linguist in customer-facing speech technology projects e.g. Call Steering (Open Question) projects which included: gathering customer requirements, analyzing language data, and training statistical language models to achieve high accuracy