Senior Computational Linguist
VERBIO is revolutionizing communications between people and computers, allowing people to communicate naturally with machines, using state-of-the-art technology in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
Our proprietary software innovates in Natural Language Processing (NLP), using Deep Learning and other Machine Learning methods. We develop solutions in areas such as:
– Voice Biometrics
– Speech Recognition
– Text-To-Speech Voices
– Speech & Text Analytics (Conversational sensors)
– Virtual Assistants and Chatbots
We have offices in Barcelona, Madrid, São Paulo, Mexico DF, and Palo Alto and you will be part of a multinational team of PhD’s & Engineers in NLP, Artificial Intelligence, and software development.
If you enjoy challenges and learning every day in a very innovative environment, this is your company!
The person will be part of a team of Computational Linguists, Transcribers, Engineers, and Grammar and Dialog Design Experts, working to achieve the deployment of a Natural Language Voice Portals. Working remotely in the customer-facing Projects Area, he/she will gather customer requirements, analyze data captured by our customers, and perform the training, testing and evolution of Open Question (NLP Classification), TTS, and ASR modules to be deployed to our customers.
• Be involved in new projects from their onset and communicate with customers to define requirements to be integrated into the associated linguistic modules (model training sets, grammar creation, etc.)
• Develop and/or improve grammars for the projects
• Train the language statistical models and the neural networks that belong to the Open Question solution core
• Be involved in the definition and execution of the validation tests of the deployed solution, as well as customize its settings
• Properly document the development and transfer the knowledge within the team
• Be involved in the solution’s maintenance to keep high success rates which will adapt to changes in interaction with the customers over time.
• Lead and mentor the U.S. Computational Linguists in their day-to-day work by providing them with guidance and best practices, as well as helping them to develop and grow within the company
Skills and Experience
• Linguistics including Semantics, Phonetics/Phonology, Corpus Linguistics
• Statistics and/or statistically trained systems
• Very fluent English speaker (preferably US English) and Computational Linguistics Education
• Based in the USA (preferably East Coast or Central/Mountain Time zones, but not mandatory)
• Advanced skills in Office suite
• Linux/bash programming knowledge or willingness to learn
• Knowledge of some programming language
• Experience working as a linguist in customer-facing speech technology projects e.g. Call Steering (Open Question) projects which included: gathering customer requirements, training statistical language models for CSR to achieve high accuracy, analyzing language data, conceiving of meaningful categories/intents and accurately training statistical classifiers.
• Potential to lead teams and help junior Computational Linguists develop and grow
Nice to have
• Knowledge developing speech recognition grammars (XML and specially ABNF)
• Knowledge of Spanish language (head office is located in Spain)
• Availability to travel abroad from time to time (once international travel becomes safe) for training, etc.
• Ability to use programming language or scripting to automate processes and perform tests