Senior Computational Linguist
Verbio develops cutting-edge technology around the widest range of Human-Machine communications through natural language. By joining our teams, you will acquire broad knowledge on our Artificial Intelligence technology and products, which include Voice Biometrics, Speech Recognition, Text-to-Speech Conversion, Cognitive NLU, Conversational sensors, and Virtual Assistants and Chatbots.
The Technology Stack we use varies from Python (prototyping), Rust, VueJS, C++, and cutting-edge Machine Learning frameworks. We work with modern technologies such as Docker and GitlabCI, and also with several hardware accelerators such as NVIDIA and Intel FPGA.
We have offices in Barcelona, Madrid, São Paulo, Mexico DF, and Palo Alto and you will be part of a multinational team of Ph.D.’s & Engineers in NLP, Artificial intelligence and software development.
If you enjoy challenges and learning every day in a very innovative environment, this is your company!
The person will be part of a team of Computational Linguists, Transcribers, Engineers, and Grammar and Dialog Design Experts, working to achieve the deployment of a Natural Language Voice Portals. Working remotely in the customer-facing Projects Area, he/she will gather customer requirements, analyze data captured by our customers, and perform the training, testing and evolution of Open Question (NLP Classification), TTS, and ASR modules to be deployed to our customers.
We most definitely want you if…
You have proven experience working as a linguist in customer-facing speech technology projects e.g. Call Steering (Open Question) projects which included: gathering customer requirements, training statistical language models for CSR to achieve high accuracy, analyzing language data, conceiving of meaningful categories/intents and accurately training statistical classifiers.
You have also knowledge/skills in computing, office suite and some programming language or scripting for process automation and tests performing.
· Be involved in new projects from their onset and communicate with customers to define requirements to be integrated into the associated linguistic modules (model training sets, grammar creation, etc.)
· Develop and/or improve grammars for the projects
· Train the language statistical models and the neural networks that belong to the Open Question solution core
· Be involved in the definition and execution of the validation tests of the deployed solution, as well as customize its settings
· Properly document the development and transfer the knowledge within the team
· Be involved in the solution’s maintenance to keep high success rates which will adapt to changes in interaction with the customers over time.
Skills and Experience
· Education: Linguistics including Semantics, Phonetics/Phonology, Corpus Linguistics (Finished)
· At least 4-5 years of demonstrated industry experience
· Statistics and/or statistically trained systems
· Native English speaker (preferably American) and Computational Linguistics Education
· Advanced skills in Office suite
· Linux/bash programming knowledge
· Knowledge of some programming language
Nice to have
· Knowledge developing speech recognition grammars (XML and specially ABNF)
· Spanish knowledge (head office is located in Spain)
· Availability to travel abroad from time to time (once international travel becomes safe) for training, etc.