Deployment Engineer – Speech Solutions
Verbio develops cutting-edge technology around the widest range of Human-Machine communications through natural language. By joining our teams, you will acquire broad knowledge on our Artificial Intelligence technology and products, which include Voice Biometrics, Speech Recognition, Text-to-Speech Conversion, Cognitive NLU, Conversational sensors and Virtual Assistants and Chatbots.
Our products are based on the latest Neural Networks and Machine Learning Techniques and by working on their implementation on real use cases, you will be closely participating in their configuration and training, as well as on complex integrations with client’s systems creating innovating solutions across various industries.
We have offices in Barcelona, Madrid, São Paulo, Mexico DF, and Palo Alto and you will be part of a multinational team of PhD’s & Engineers in NLP, Artificial intelligence and software development.
If you enjoy challenges and learning every day in a very innovative environment, this is your company!
You will be part of our Projects department, distributed between Barcelona, Madrid and the American continents.
Verbio is a fast growing company in the industry of Human-Machine communication and as we are facing more complex and demanding projects we need a strong technical leader to take the reins of organizing and orchestrating innovative approaches in project implementation.
You will be constantly challenged with resolving complex technical problems while establishing standards on technological best practices. You will get to communicate and work closely with Verbio’s product teams and get to know our cutting edge Speech Recognition, Speech Biometrics, Synthetic Speech and Cognitive brain technologies thoroughly.
Specifically, your responsibilities would include:
● Deploy Verbio’s solutions to customer infrastructures.
● Troubleshoot Verbio deployments to facilitate customer support.
● Collaborate in standards and methodologies definition for successfully deploying and integrating our AI technology into our customers’ systems.
● Collaborate in maintaining internal systems for Quality Assurance.
● Take part in designing and improving Verbio platform architecture and functionality giving feedback to the product and technology teams.
● Develop custom add-ons to meet specific customer requirements.
● Automation of installation and configuration tasks.
Knowledge and at least 3 years of experience in the following areas:
You must hold a degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or related subject.
● Linux systems administration, installation, and configuration of software packages, scripting languages, use of the terminal, monitoring and management of processes and services.
● Installation and configuration of HTTP, FTP, MySQL services.
● Integration and consumption of third-party APIs using some high-level programming language (like PHP or Python).
● Signaling protocols (SIP, H323, RTSP), VoIP network analysis by using Wireshark or tcpdump and installing, configuring and maintaining VoIP telephony platforms.
● Control version tools (Git, Mercurial, SVN).
● English spoken and written skills.
For this position you must hold a valid Spanish/EU Working Permit
Knowledge and experience in the following will be highly valued:
● Windows systems administration.
● MRCP protocol.
● Voice recognition or voice synthesis (ASR / TTS) systems.
● Audio codecs.
● High availability solutions for MySQL based on replication and clustering.
● Working with at least one VoIP telephony platform (such as Asterisk, Avaya, Cisco, Genesys, etc.). Sizing the infrastructure depending on traffic volume forecasts, configuring functionalities, and high availability and scalability (carrier-grade designing).
Why should you work with us?
– You will become part of a young, dynamic and international team (8+ nationalities), with a lot of PhDs and expert engineers.
– Flexible Timetable
– Flexible compensation plan (Restaurant, transport & kindergarten tickets, health insurance)
– Our headquarters is located in the heart of Barcelona, which works great for our frequent fun and team-building outings
– Remote work available (occasionally during the first 6 months, and up to 2 days per week from 6 months onwards)
– We love and encourage challenges, so you will have infinite possibilities of learning and growth. If you’re up to it, sky is the limit!