Deployment Technical Lead – Speech Solutions
Verbio develops cutting-edge technology around the widest range of Human-Machine communications through natural language. By joining our teams, you will acquire broad knowledge on our Artificial Intelligence technology and products, which include Voice Biometrics, Speech Recognition, Text-to-Speech Conversion, Cognitive NLU, Conversational sensors, and Virtual Assistants and Chatbots.
The Technology Stack we use varies from Python (prototyping), Rust, VueJS, C++, and cutting-edge Machine Learning frameworks. We work with modern technologies such as Docker and GitlabCI, and also with several hardware accelerators such as NVIDIA and Intel FPGA.
We have offices in Barcelona, Madrid, São Paulo, Mexico DF, and Palo Alto and you will be part of a multinational team of Ph.D.’s & Engineers in NLP, Artificial intelligence and software development.
If you enjoy challenges and learning every day in a very innovative environment, this is your company!
Currently we are hiring a Deployment Technical Lead for our Projects team. The person will be part of a team of Computational Linguists, Transcribers, Engineers, and Grammar and Dialog Design Experts, working to achieve the deployment of Natural Language Voice Portals: Open Question (NLP Classification), TTS, and ASR modules to be deployed to our customers.
You will be part of our Projects department, distributed between Barcelona, Madrid and the American continent.
Verbio is a fast growing company in the industry of Human-Machine communication and as we are facing more complex and demanding projects we need a strong technical leader to take the reins of organizing and orchestrating innovative approaches in project implementation.
You will be constantly challenged with resolving complex technical problems while ensuring compliance on technological best practices. You will get to communicate and work closely with Verbio’s product teams and get to know our cutting edge Speech Recognition, Speech Biometrics, Synthetic Speech and Cognitive brain technologies thoroughly.
Specifically, your responsibilities would include:
● Handle technical communication/interaction with the end customer.
● Assist in the deployment of Verbio solutions in customer’s infrastructure.
● Troubleshoot Verbio deployments to facilitate customer support.
● Collaborate in standards and methodologies definition for successfully deploying and integrating our AI technology into our customers’ systems.
● Collaborate in maintaining internal systems for Quality Assurance.
● Take part in designing and improving Verbio platform architecture and functionality giving feedback to the product and technology teams.
● Closely collaborate with the product team to develop custom add-ons to meet specific customer requirements.
● Ensure the quality of the customizations and new developments being installed at customer’s premises.
● Automation of installation and configuration tasks.
Should you are a dynamic and proactive person who enjoys challenges and is used to creative problem resolution, Verbio would be a perfect environment for you. Joining us at this moment in time would offer vast possibilities for growth in the future!
You must hold a degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or related subject.
Knowledge and at least 5 years of experience in the following areas:
● Linux systems administration, installation, and configuration of software packages, scripting languages, use of the terminal, monitoring and management of processes and services.
● Signaling protocols (SIP, H323, RTSP), VoIP network analysis by using Wireshark or tcpdump and installing, configuring and maintaining VoIP telephony platforms.
● At least one VoIP telephony platform (such as Asterisk, Avaya, Cisco, Genesys, etc.). Sizing the infrastructure depending on traffic volume forecasts, configuring functionalities, and high availability and scalability (carrier-grade designing).
● Integration and consumption of third-party APIs using some high-level programming language (like PHP or Python).
● Installation and configuration of HTTP, FTP, MySQL services.
● Control version tools (Git, Mercurial, SVN).
● Agile methodologies (SCRUM, TDD, Kanban)
Knowledge/experience in the following will be highly valued:
● MRCP protocol.
● Voice recognition or voice synthesis (ASR / TTS) systems.
● Audio codecs.
● High availability solutions for MySQL based on replication and clustering.
● IVR knowledge
● Software deployments on virtualized environments.