Junior Computational Linguist
VERBIO is revolutionizing communications between people and computers, allowing people to communicate naturally with machines, using state-of-the-art technology in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
Our proprietary software innovates in Natural Language Processing (NLP), using Deep Learning and other Machine Learning methods. We develop solutions in areas such as:
– Voice Biometrics
– Speech Recognition
– Text-To-Speech Voices
– Speech & Text Analytics (Conversational sensors)
– Virtual Assistants and Chatbots
We have offices in Barcelona, Madrid, São Paulo, Mexico DF, and Palo Alto and you will be part of a multinational team of PhD’s & Engineers in NLP, Artificial Intelligence, and software development.
If you enjoy challenges and learning every day in a very innovative environment, this is your company!
· Communicate with customers to define requirements to be integrated into the associated linguistic modules (model training sets, grammar creation, etc.)
· Develop and/or improve grammars for the projects
· Train the language statistical models and the neural networks that belong to the Open Question solution core
· Be involved in the definition and execution of the validation tests of the deployed solution, as well as customize its settings
· Properly document the development and transfer the knowledge within the team
· Be involved in the solution’s maintenance to keep high success rates which will adapt to changes in interaction with the customers throughout time.
Skills and experience
· Linguistics including Semantics, Phonetics/Phonology, Corpus Linguistics
· Statistics and/or statistically trained systems
· Native English speaker (preferably American) and Computational Linguistics Education
· Based in the USA (preferably East Coast or Central/Mountain Time zones)
· Advanced skills in Office suite
· Linux/bash programming knowledge or willingness to learn
· Knowledge of some programming language
Nice to have
· Proven experience involving Call Steering (Open Question) projects
· Knowledge developing speech recognition grammars (XML and specially ABNF)
· Spanish knowledge (head office is located in Spain)