Junior System Administrator
Verbio develops cutting-edge technology around the widest range of Human-Machine communications through natural language. By joining our teams, you will acquire broad knowledge on our Artificial Intelligence technology and products, which include Voice Biometrics, Speech Recognition, Text-to-Speech Conversion, Cognitive NLU, Conversational sensors, and Virtual Assistants and Chatbots.
We have offices in Barcelona, Madrid, São Paulo, Mexico DF, and Palo Alto and you will be part of a multinational team of Ph.D.’s & Engineers in NLP, Artificial intelligence and software development.
If you enjoy challenges and learning every day in a very innovative environment, this is your company!
At Verbio Technologies, we rely on our IT systems to help our business reach and succeed with consumers all over the world. We’re seeking a Junior Systems Administrator who’s eager to use and grow his or her technological skills.
You will provide technical support to product and project teams, setting up hardware and software infrastructures (from new servers, network and telephony equipment or hardware accelerators; to install and configure integration servers, large databases storages, software repositories, etc.).
You will also interact with other departments in the company to gather requirements, assisting with solutions and the infrastructure roadmap of the company. You will also interact with other technical teams within multidisciplinary projects to enhance the integration of the technologies into broader solutions.
Objectives of this Role
● Maintain and nurture essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
● Enable faster and smarter business processes and implement analytics for meaningful insights
● Partner with internal teams to communicate project status, activities, and achievements
● Help our Delivery people when infrastructure doubts issues arise in customer’s projects: virtualisation environments, storage, network, HPC configuration for best performance.
● Knowledge/Some experience with programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools, centralised user management, virtualization, HTTP traffic, content delivery and caching
● Knowledge in scripting languages (bash, python, etc.)
● Fast learner
● Knowledge in application design, integration, and cloud computing
● Have an automation mindset
● Advanced English level
Nice to have
● Functional understanding of network protocols for speech processing over IP networks, including SIP, MRCP, and websockets
● Knowledge in some compiled language
For this position you must hold a valid working permit and be based in Spain (full remote job if the candidate is not based in Barcelona)
Verbio is an equal opportunities employer encouraging applications from everyone regardless of sex, age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status or disability, fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Why should you work with us?
– You will become part of a young, dynamic and international team (8+ nationalities), with a lot of PhDs and expert engineers.
– Flexible Timetable
– Remote work available
– Flexible compensation plan (Restaurant, transportation & kindergarten tickets)
– We love and encourage challenges, so you will have infinite possibilities of learning and growth. If you’re up to it, the sky is the limit!