Junior Systems Engineer
Verbio develops cutting-edge technology around the widest range of Human-machine communications through natural language. By joining our teams, you will acquire the amplest knowledge on our Artificial Intelligence technology and products, which include Voice Biometrics, Speech Recognition, Text-to-Speech Conversion, Cognitive NLU, Conversational sensors and Virtual Assistants and Chatbots.
Our products are based on the latest Neural Networks, Machine Learning Techniques of both Academic and Industrial worlds, and by working on their implementation on real use cases, you will be closely participating in their configuration and training, as well as on complex integrations with client’s systems creating innovating solutions across various industries.
The Technology Stack we use varies from Python, VUE, C++, and cutting-edge ML Frameworks such as Tensorflow, Caffe, Theano or PyTorch. We work with Docker, VMware, and Node.JS to Oracle and MySQL and NVIDIA and Intel accelerators hardware.
We have offices in Barcelona, Madrid, São Paulo, Mexico DF, and Palo Alto and you will be part of a multinational team of Ph.D.’s & Engineers in NLP, Artificial intelligence and software development.
If you enjoy challenges and learning every day in a very innovative environment, this is your company!
You will work at our Barcelona office (Av. Roma, 157 1º), near to the city center.
You will be part of a new presales department, aimed to provide technical support to the sales activity. This person will be in charge of setting up and maintain several environments for showcasing Verbio’s technology. You will interact with the sales team and the customers to give them technical support and adapt our technology to their needs, and you will also interact with other Verbio technical teams within multidisciplinary projects to enhance the integration of the technologies into broader solutions.
Specifically, you will…
• Install, configure and manage virtualized environments, software and networks
• Upgrade systems with new releases and models
• Monitor performance, log research and maintain systems according to requirements
• Troubleshoot issues reported by customers and provide direct customer support through email, telephone or “live” communication. Interact with other Verbio teams to identify root cause when needed
• Work independently and collaborate with peers as needed
• Partner with internal and external partners to communicate project status, activities, and achievements
• Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative
• Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
** No previous working experience required **
• Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications or Computer Science
• System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role orientation
• Basic knowledge:
– Setting up and configuring operating systems
– Databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and services management
– Operating systems and platforms (GNU/Linux, Windows)
• Advanced English level
• Good communication skills
Why should you work with us?
• You will become part of a young, dynamic and international team (8+ nationalities), with a great deal of Ph.D.’s and expert engineers.
• Flexible Timetable
• Our headquarters is located in the heart of Barcelona, which works great for our frequent fun and team-building outings
• Some remote work available
• We love and encourage challenges, so you will have infinite possibilities of learning and growth. If you’re up to it, the sky is the limit!