Product Owner (Cognitive/NLP)
Verbio develops cutting-edge technology around the widest range of Human-Machine communications through natural language. By joining our teams, you will acquire broad knowledge on our Artificial Intelligence technology and products, which include Voice Biometrics, Speech Recognition, Text-to-Speech Conversion, Cognitive NLU, Conversational sensors, and Virtual Assistants and Chatbots.
The Technology Stack we use varies from Python, VUE, C++, and cutting-edge ML Frameworks such as Tensorflow, Caffe, Theano or PyTorch. We work with Docker, VMware and Node.JS to Oracle and MySQL and NVIDIA and Intel accelerators hardware.
We have offices in Barcelona, Madrid, São Paulo, Mexico DF, and Palo Alto and you will be part of a multinational team of Ph.D.’s & Engineers in NLP, Artificial intelligence and software development.
If you enjoy challenges and learning every day in a very innovative environment, this is your company!
The person will be part of a highly experienced team in Cognitive/NLP (Natural Language Processing) technologies, aimed at achieving the best speech recognition system to our customers, both in results and performance. You will interact with these customers so you understand their needs and help the team to prioritize the implementation. You will also be helping the team in the break down of epics into user stories.
We most definitely want you if…
You are a highly skilled Product Owner with prior experience in technology environments and a strong interest in artificial intelligence and voice technologies.
- Provide vision and direction to the Cognitive team.
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared user stories to work on.
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product.
- Define product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities with the VP of Product.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories.
- Lead the planning product release plans and set expectations for delivery of new functionalities.
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release or Sprint Goals.
- Work closely with the VP of Product to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value.
- Manage stakeholders’ expectations and provide them visibility on the work the team does.
Skills and Experience
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner in a technology environment.
- Engineering degree.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile principles and practices.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Nice to have
- You have a good understanding of AI and ideally speech technologies.
- Good understanding of the conversational market ecosystem is a high plus.
- Experience on coaching teams around being Agile.
- We are looking for a highly motivated person that enjoys empowering the teams and pushing the boundaries of what is possible, leading the team to develop the future. A person with the ability not only to inspire internally, but also to communicate externally and to act as an evangelist of Verbio’s technology.
Why should you work with us?
- You will become part of a young, dynamic and international team (8+ nationalities), with a lot of PhDs and expert engineers.
- Flexible Timetable
- Our headquarters is located in the heart of Barcelona, which works great for our frequent fun and team-building outings
- Some remote work available
- We love and encourage challenges, so you will have infinite possibilities of learning and growth. If you’re up to it, the sky is the limit!