System Administrator Senior
Verbio develops cutting-edge technology around the widest range of Human-Machine communications through natural language. By joining our teams, you will acquire broad knowledge on our Artificial Intelligence technology and products, which include Voice Biometrics, Speech Recognition, Text-to-Speech Conversion, Cognitive NLU, Conversational sensors, and Virtual Assistants and Chatbots.
We have offices in Barcelona, Madrid, São Paulo, Mexico DF, and Palo Alto and you will be part of a multinational team of Ph.D.’s & Engineers in NLP, Artificial intelligence and software development.
If you enjoy challenges and learning every day in a very innovative environment, this is your company!
At Verbio Technologies, we rely on our IT systems to help our business reach and succeed with consumers all over the world. We’re seeking an experienced Systems Administrator who’s eager to use and grow his or her technological skills.
You will provide technical support to product and project teams as well as being in charge of all the company’s infrastructure.You will be responsible for the whole Verbio’s infrastructure. You will be in charge of setting up hardware and software infrastructures (from new servers, network and telephony equipment or hardware accelerators; to install and configure integration servers, large databases storages, software repositories, etc.).
You will also interact with other departments in the company to gather requirements, propose solutions and plan the infrastructure roadmap of the company. You will also interact with other technical teams within multidisciplinary projects to enhance the integration of the technologies into broader solutions.
Objectives of this Role
● Maintain and nurture essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
● Take ownership and responsibility for everything related to infrastructure decisions, changes and improvements
● Enable faster and smarter business processes and implement analytics for meaningful insights
● Partner with internal teams to communicate project status, activities, and achievements
● Be a reference for Verbio’s Delivery team when infrastructure doubts issues arise in customer’s projects: virtualisation environments, storage, network, HPC configuration for best performance.
● Proven work experience in IT (at least 5 years in this or similar role)
● Knowledge/Experience with programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools, centralised user management, virtualization, HTTP traffic, content delivery and caching
● Experience in scripting languages (bash, python, etc.)
● Ability to work independently and collaborate with peers as needed
● Ability to take full responsibility and making technical decisions in the area
● Experience in application design, integration, and cloud computing
● Have an automation mindset
● Advanced English level
Nice to have
● Functional understanding of network protocols for speech processing over IP networks, including SIP, MRCP, and websockets
● Familiar with VoIP PBX systems such as Asterisk
● Knowledge in some compiled language
● Experience deploying and maintaining CI/CD systems: gitlab-ci, jFrog, dockers
● Experience in CI/CD systems as a user
● Experience with devops methodologies and technologies
For this position you must hold a valid working permit and be based in Spain (full remote job if the candidate is not based in Barcelona)
Why should you work with us?
– You will become part of a young, dynamic and international team (8+ nationalities), with a lot of PhDs and expert engineers.
– Flexible Timetable
– Remote work available
– Flexible compensation plan (Restaurant, transportation & kindergarten tickets)
– We love and encourage challenges, so you will have infinite possibilities of learning and growth. If you’re up to it, the sky is the limit!