Senior Systems Engineer
Verbio develops cutting-edge technology around the widest range of Human-Machine communications through natural language. By joining our teams, you will acquire broad knowledge on our Artificial Intelligence technology and products, which include Voice Biometrics, Speech Recognition, Text-to-Speech Conversion, Cognitive NLU, Conversational sensors and Virtual Assistants and Chatbots.
Our products are based on the latest Neural Networks and Machine Learning Techniques and by working on their implementation on real use cases, you will be closely participating in their configuration and training, as well as on complex integrations with client’s systems creating innovating solutions across various industries.
We have offices in Barcelona, Madrid, São Paulo, Mexico DF, and Palo Alto and you will be part of a multinational team of PhD’s & Engineers in NLP, Artificial intelligence and software development.
You will be part of our Projects team, leading the Implementation Engineers located both in Barcelona and the Americas.
Verbio is a fast growing company in the industry of Human-Machine communication and as we are facing more complex and demanding projects we need a strong technical leader to organize and orchestrate innovative approaches in project implementation.
You will be constantly challenged with resolving complex technical problems while mentoring the Engineers team and establishing standards on technological best practices. You will get to communicate and work closely with Verbio’s product teams and get to know our cutting edge Speech Recognition, Voice Biometrics, Speech Synthesis and Cognitive Brain technologies, thoroughly.
If you are a dynamic and proactive person who enjoys challenges and are used to creative problem resolution, Verbio would be a perfect environment for you. Joining us at this moment would offer vast possibilities for growth in the future!
- Design and optimize customers’ infrastructures necessary for deploying Verbio’s solutions, as well as scalability plans
- Create Troubleshooting and Documentation standards and procedures for the team in order to facilitate customer support and training of partners
- Create standards and methodologies for successfully deploying and integrating our AI technology into customers’ systems.
- Design and maintain internal systems for Quality Assurance
- Take part in designing and improving Verbio’s platform architecture and functionality giving feedback to the product and technology teams.
For this position you must hold a valid Spanish/EU Working Permit
Knowledge and experience in systems management (of at least 5 years), development of customisations and internal systems, code reviewing and systems integration:
• Protocols and services for developing integrations with client platforms
• Integrating and consuming 3rd party APIs
• High availability environments (failover implementation etc.) and high capacity architectures (multi-tenancy / multi-instance)
• Backup and disaster recovery
• Virtualization systems (VMWare, Xen)
• Installation, troubleshooting, licensing, and updating software assets
• Knowledge in Linux systems administration:
o Installation and configuration of software packages
o Scripting languages and use of terminal
o Monitoring and management of processes and services
o Analysis of traffic using packet analysis tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump etc.
• Knowledge in installation and configuration of HTTP, FTP, MySQL services
Experience in the following will be highly valued:
• Knowledge of Windows systems
• Signalling protocols (SIP)
• MRCP protocol
• Voice recognition or voice synthesis (ASR / TTS) systems
• Audio codecs
Why should you work with us?
– You will become part of a young, dynamic and international team (8+ nationalities), with a lot of PhDs and expert engineers.
– Flexible Timetable
– Flexible compensation plan (Restaurant, transport & kindergarten tickets, health insurance)
– Our headquarters is located in the heart of Barcelona, which works great for our frequent fun and team-building outings
– Remote work available (occasionally during the first 6 months, and up to 2 days per week from 6 months onwards)
– We love and encourage challenges, so you will have infinite possibilities of learning and growth. If you’re up to it, sky is the limit!