Junior Software Quality Engineer
For 20 years, Verbio Technologies has been on the cutting-edge of voice technologies to simplify human-machine communication. Born as a spin-off of Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC), we are now a global Conversational AI provider, trusted by the most valuable companies worldwide!
Our products include Voice Biometrics, Speech Recognition, Text-to-Speech Conversion, Cognitive NLU, Conversational sensors and Virtual Assistants and Chatbots.
All our products are based on the latest Neural Networks and Machine Learning Techniques and by working on their implementation on real use cases.
We’re on a mission to make people’s lives easier by using AI-enabled technology.
At the moment we are helping companies to better understand their clients, create engaging experiences and access to actionable insights in order to increase operational efficiency.
Everything by simplifying Human-Machine communication.
We have made millions of users, customers, employees and kids smile at how natural it is to communicate with technologies through their voices.
We are a growing team of driven professionals with offices in Spain, US, Mexico, Brazil and UK, 85% composed by Engineers or Linguists and over 20% PhD’s.
If you enjoy challenges and learning every day in a very innovative environment, this is your company!
About the role
We are opening this position as a Software Quality Engineer to form the new Software Quality Assistance team in Verbio. We plan to have a core team of three Quality Engineers who will work embedded within the development team.
You will have the opportunity to be part of the Quality Engineering team, a new cross-functional team at the core of Verbio’s software development squad. You will be in close contact with the latest Quality Assistance methodologies and cutting-edge speech recognition technologies we develop at Verbio.
Specifically, you will be joining the Call Authentication team for developing high efficiency, high-availability software based on distributed computing. Our advanced technology provides voice authentication and security services.
If you have a strong passion for software quality, test automation, you love to work with different technologies and programming languages, and you like to constantly search for improvements and new practices to enhance the software development processes, we definitely would love to have you in our team.
We focus our quality assistance activities on people’s collaboration and excellent attention to detail.
We most definitely want you if you are someone with a passion for solving problems. You are not afraid of challenges and are interested in learning. You understand that change is a given in this fast-paced industry, and that excites you. You enjoy working closely with a team of peers and you strive to deliver world-class maintainable and scalable solutions.
Task and Responsibilities
• Hands-on experience with cutting-edge speech and natural language processing technologies.
• Work in a well-paced, Agile project environment with a small, focused squad.
• Drive and implement a comprehensive test strategy, including all functional and technical aspects of quality assistance.
• Perform testing using the shift-left approach with the support of automation tools.
• Validate product features under development, including feature verification, exploratory testing & defect regression.
• Continually monitor and provide feedback to the Agile team on the quality of the software product.
• Document software quality behaviour using best practises and metrics.
• Plan and set up the context for the best way to find and fix problems.
• Continuously identify and help to address risks.
• Create opportunities to experiment and exploit the results for improvement.
• Provide testing guidance and quality assistance to improve the quality culture.
• Learn and become Verbio’s product/service functional specialist.
• Perform and coach about good exploratory testing.
• Configure and maintain test tooling and automated checks.
• Provide help to investigate issues and bugs within software.
• Facilitate stories and task refinement meetings.
• Review and help improve business requirements.
• Develop testing methods and use tools that cover the whole life cycle of a product.
• Review and assess requirements and product backlog items for the purpose of creating manual and automated test cases.
• Report on test results and provide insightful solutions to the cross-functional team.
• Advise developers in following standard testing and documentation procedures.
• Optimise testing to identify risk areas of software features.
Skills and Experience
• Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or a related subject.
• Team player skills.
• Results-oriented approach with a clear ability to think strategically.
• Experience in scripting languages (Python/Shell).
• Good English level (B2 or equivalent).
Nice to have
• Familiar with Agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban).
• Experience with test management and test data management.
• Experience with automated test scripting/test frameworks.
• Experience in an object-oriented programming language.
• Experience with testing in web and mobile-based environments.
• Experience with Linux system administration.
• Familiarity with SQL terminology and syntax.
Why should you work with us?
• You will become part of a young, dynamic and international team
• Flexible Timetable (according to Verbio policies)
• You may work remotely either part or full-time
• We love and encourage challenges, so you will have infinite possibilities of learning and growth. If you’re up to it, sky’s the limit!